Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Who's in Israel?

So here I am, sitting in Ra'anana in a relative of mine's house. I'm sitting here thinking "wow, I'm in Israel not having classes while all my Hunter College Hillel buddies are in school, in the cold cold winter months of New York. I saw the snow as I was lifting off (well, ok, it delayed my plane 4 hours, but that's ok) Why was my plane delay so ok? I'll tell you all why!

There was an empty sea next to me during the whole boarding process. I'm way at the back of the plane, last row possible, and it's only a two seater. Made for a nice couple, one would say. So the seat is empty, and I'm getting really excited, because if I get an empty seat next to me in a two seater, I'm set for the flight. Talk about sleeping, I'd be out like a brick. So, the seat wasn't empty, to my displeasure. But, who sat down next to me? This REALLY attractive girl. As I told Dina, one of the most beuatiful girls I've ever seen. She's even religious! What are the chances?

So the conversation didn't really "lift off" until our plane was delayed. She kept waking up periodically (she was VERY tired) to see what was happening, and small talk would happen. Long story short, we I was chatting her up as much as I could, and she was totally going for it. By the end of the flight, it was as if we boarded the plane together. We even went through passport control together... it was actually kind of weird, come to think of it. Going through poassport control with a girl, just a girl... people probably thought we were getting married or something. Anyway, so that all happens. I got her number on the plane, and she said that I should call her.

So, the next day I call her in the evening and she was a little budy, told me to call back in a few minutes. Called some other friends I have in Israel, made some plans, and called this girl back (her name is Zahava, she lives in Montsey (spelling?!)). So she picks up, and the small talk happens. Then I say "so what are you up to tonight?" She responds "look, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I can't really talk to you..." I said ok and just said goodbye, and that was it. All gone. Nothing.

To be fair, she was at seminary, so I could write it off that I'm only in Israel for a week, and she shouldn't be talking to boys she's not going to marry, but still, I wasn't even thinking shallow on this girl. She was awesome, great conversation, and really attractive. Worth a night out at least.

Oh well, I guess I'll never see her again, unless I track her down through the Jewish network. Anyone want to get on that for me?

Oh, and my parents bought an apartment in Israel. Yay Newcombe family!

Have a nice week guys!

Sincerely,
Punk of World Currency and Fraternities

2 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Nukes--how can you say she was a Zahava from Monsey without specifying that she has no relation to me whatsoever???
Really, I don't think there's one person in the Hillel who doesn't know I have a beautiful cousin by that name who lives in Monsey and I had to answer to all of them that it isn't her.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:49:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, nucular

Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares