Sunday, June 19, 2005

Part II

Having just come in from an excellent morning at Bondi Beach, yes, a beach in the winter, I'm in a really good mood. I went out with my cousin and her two kids, had some hot chocolate, and ate some breakfast. Firstly I'd like to say, I love kids, and I'm very excited to start making them, but I've got a few years yet. I don't think I'll ever be as obsessed as Dina, but I want kids really bad now. All my cousins have had kids recently, and they're all SO cute.

So last night was my cousin's wedding. It was really nice, the rabbi doing it was this really proper English fellow, and the whole thing was great. I was really excited to see this cousin get married, and he married a really nice half Israeli half S. African girl, which fits into how my family is. My mom and my aunt were both crying (as they are really big criers), so I had a little tear in my eye. Weddings are quite emotional.

Before the wedding started, my aunt came up to me and told me that she had a very nice girl for me, as I told you in the last post. I'm figuring that my aunt has no idea what she's talking about, girls probably going to be a real minger (look that up). I show up at the shul in the afternoon for the chupa, and I'm told that the girl isn't going to be coming. No worries, I saw this other really fit (attractive) girl at the shul. My RADAR went off though, and I knew that she was probably off limits, as she was probably family. Turns out, she is. After the ceremony, we're all taking pictures, so I run off to the bathroom really quickly. I run into this guy I had met the day before, 2nd cousin of the bride (so my 3rd cousin once removed) and he says "Hey, I want to introduce you to my daughter." Who was it? The really fit girl I saw! Her outfit didn't leave much for the imagination, but she was Jewish, so that's all I'm lookin for right now. And, doing the math, she's my 4th cousin once removed. She's my cousin's wife's grandma's son's daughter.

Needless to say, this girl has perked my interests.

So the reception comes along, and I'm shmoozing with the family, chatting away, and I keep looking over to this girl, cause she's really attractive. I catch her looking at me as well, so I know it's on. Whatever I say to this girl, it's good enough. I manage to completely avoid talking to her until her dad comes along. We're all on the dance floor rockin out to 70s and 80s music (so everyone, including me, looks like complete morons) and her dad comes up to me. He says "Why is it that my daughter has to dance alone?!" and proceedes to puch me over to his daughter. Thus, our 2nd introduction was me being pushed by her dad to dance with her. Great, I just lost all chances, right? Wrong! She's totally into me. We talked for a while, and she was actually pretty cool. So by the end of the night, she's getting ready to leave, and I decide there's no way I'm just gunna let it go like that. I get her number, and she tells me to call her tomorrow. I figure my chances of seeing her again are around 60%, since it'd only be a one day thing anyway, and she's got other friends in Sydney to hang out with. We'll see what happens!

2 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

"I don't think I'll ever be as obsessed as Dina, but I want kids really bad now."

Don't even start Doni--Nukes said it all!

Monday, June 20, 2005 1:40:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Miryam said...

looks like someones gonna be raising money to go to Australia again...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares