Sunday, July 03, 2005

Back and Better than Ever!

I am happy to say that my dream to be reinstated into Punks of Zion has become a reality. And now I'm here, typalking to you. What an honor. What an eventful weekend.

I spent Shabbat at Brownsvillegirl's house. One of the best I've had in a long time. So incredibly opposite to those I spend at home (mostly because of the pesto chicken that was TO DIE FOR). She lives in a very Jewish neighborhood...I mean, supremo-Jewish. It's not about reform, conservative, orthodox; it's about Breslov, Satmar, or Novominsker. So where did I go after this, I go to the graduation party of my Italian, Catholic cousin. Can we talk about the culture shock? It is astounding to be not only exposed, but also participate in the incredibly different ways that people live their lives...all in the same day. On that note, I would like to say that I look forward to all the future arguments/heated discussions to be had on Punks of Zion. Gay cocken offen yam!

9 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger doni said...

Gay cocken offen yam!
um.....so I think I know what that means, but I am not very sure. So I don't really know how to respond to that.
Anyway regarding your culture shock, I had to write an essay about the different cultures between hassidick jews and amish people for my sociology class. Ever since it has been my dream too bread a half amish/ hassidick jewish person.The result would probably turn out to be some sort of Islamic fundamentalist.
(don't try to figure out how I came to that conclusion, it's just something I think)

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:05:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It means "go shit in the ocean".

Monday, July 04, 2005 11:26:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Welcome back, babe!

(Btw, my neighborhood's really Litvish, but I guess your analogy works anyway. :))

Monday, July 04, 2005 12:22:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it's Julie... I can't seem to log into this here thing... BrownesvillGirl, can you send me another invite?

Monday, July 04, 2005 4:55:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous mir said...

So, Donso, is that how you came up with that story you wrote a very long time ago as a comment to Steve's post?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:49:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Wow, Mir, I was wondering the same thing!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:33:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger The Nucular Jew said...

Litvish? Never even heard of that.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:00:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

From Lithuania. Y'know, the mitnagdim...the ones who were against chassidut?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:21:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Y.D. Naridaga said...

mmmmm... ain't nothing like gay cocken!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares