Wednesday, July 06, 2005

So I'm having a little self-pity moment here on my period off, and I've decided to share it all with you. Camp is really fun, and all the kids I have are great, but there are a few things I have a problem with, starting with my schedule. Wake up is at 7:30, and we head straight off to davening. From there, to breakfast, pretty standard day. After that, I head off the pool for a full morning of teaching little Zionist pioneers to swim. No breaks.

Then comes lunch. After lunch, all the kids head off to Minucha, a nice little rest hour so that they can digest. Where do I go? To the pool to teach more lessons. Then, I finally get two hours off to hang out, but wait! I have to hang out with my bunk for one of them! So when do I get sleep? Never. Then free time (but i'm at the pool facilitating) and then dinner. After dinner, back to the pool to teach water polo, and then off to peulah erev with my bunk. All said and done, I'm in the bunk at 10:30, but sleep? Not a chance! Staff meeting time! I don't get to bed until at least 11:30, most times midnight. And I only get 4 days off in two months? What kind of operation are they running here?

Camp is by far the most tiring, stressful, yet fun job you can do during the summer. Even though all the campers here are really inappropriate (lets just say they're not shomer nagia), it's a lot of fun. On that note, I'm going to catch a power nap for an hour.

-The Punk of HM Treasurey/Fraternities

4 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Wow. I wish I had something worthwhile to do this summer. But no, I don't. I just learn how to multiply matrices (I will never, ever, ever use that in my life after this math class) and how to write "feature articles" and essays all day. This lazy behind of mine and I are really taking it slow this summer.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:45:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous i rather not say but when all is said and done my name is understood said...

NUKES this camp is in israel or america...cuz if in america becareful not to break the law if you know what i mean

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:58:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Y.D. Naridaga said...

my fondest camp memories include the unforgettable moments i shared with my patient & compassionate counselors - and also, admittedly, the myriad episodes of unmitigated debauchery ;-)

you have no idea how much of an impact you have on these children. keep up the good work!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:26:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger sweetspastic said...

Man, I've always wished I had more of a Jewish camp experience... anyhow, it sounds like even though you're stressed it's a fulfilling job.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 1:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares