Sunday, December 25, 2005

Lessons Learned from Coloring Books

Maxwell (the eight year old boy I baby-sit) and I were coloring a Chanukah-themed coloring book filled with pictures of war scenes from the battles against Antiochus. We were working on one page that had spears, bow-and-arrows, shields, and other types of weaponry, all in front of a large wall and mountains in the background. In the sky there were rocks in motion, flying towards the side of the weapons. So Maxwell asks me why the other side was throwing rocks when they could be using real weapons. So I was trying to explain to him that some times people don’t fight a war they way it should be fought—using real weapons and against real soldiers. So soon enough I got a little, how should I say…opinionated, and I said “...so they begin throw rocks and like clockwork the bleeding heart liberals yell, ‘more minorities being oppressed by the white man’, and a few weeks later Mohammad is sitting next to you in a pizzeria in Tel-Aviv only this time, with a different type of weapon”. And Maxwell looks at me confused and says, “Oh”.

1 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger stranger said...

lol. perfect.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares