Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Road Trip to "Canada"

I'm not sure if anyone has ever been in a car for as long as I have today. I don't believe I moved from that driver's seat from 2:30 till maybe 6:00. If you have then you know what I went through, but picture it with like about a zillion cars because of a NYC metro strike. (Bottom line, those who take the train should stick to it because there are some out there who just simple cannot maneuver a vehicle whatsoever) It was longer than a plane ride to Puerto Rico or Aruba (which if I'm not mistaken is somewhere around three hours?)

Where you may ask was I going? Canada.

Just kidding, it was really "Canada". Well here's what happened...

Jenny and I decided we were going to do our stats project today, which is due on Thursday. Of course we thought maybe, just maybe, we'd get something done early instead of waiting for last minute like we do with everything else in the world.
Unfortunately, I lost my ActivStats CD and Jenny's practically broke in half. (which is so weird, cuz I am really organized and very rarely lose anything - well except for the game, I lost hah!)

So, we called our trusty friend Rose from class. Rose is a really nice person and when we asked her if we can come pick up the CD from her house (that she was willing to let us borrow) we didn't think to ask where she lived first. When finally asked, the reply was "Canarsie. East 103rd Street."

That's right - EAST 103RD STREET. THATS A THREE DIGIT EAST! HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A THREE DIGIT EAST??

Anyway, Jenny told her ok we'll be there soon, of course totally thinking that I was up for this. Was I up for this? umm, NO. Mapquest it was...

East 103rd street.... G-d... Just seeing the East 77th was ridiculous enough.

Jenny and I call this our road trip to "Canada."

2 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger nyc pink fashionista said...

"That's right - EAST 103RD STREET. THATS A THREE DIGIT EAST! HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A THREE DIGIT EAST??"

Egnfrs of this ridiculousness, saying that you went to "canada"

When I first read the headline, I thought that you really went to Canada!

The Museum of the City of New York is on E. 103rd St. & 5th Ave. If memeory severs me corretly they did a show on the history iof the Jewish community in New York.

There's also a lot of good bakeries and eateries up there.

But I will confess this, even when I was that up in the East Side I hardly ventured outside of Yorkville.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:01:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Sherbert said...

This wavkltle wasnt a City thing.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares