Saturday, December 17, 2005

Why On Earth Would Someone Take This?

I was just reading the latest news on AOL News. I was about to close the window down till this headline caught my attention.

Thieves Haul Off Mammoth Sculpture Near London

I was curious to see what it was all about.

Here's the opening paragraph:
"LONDON (Dec. 17) - Thieves using a flatbed truck and a crane snatched a two-ton Henry Moore bronze of a reclining figure from the grounds of the late sculptor's foundation north of London, police said Saturday." (the link has a picture of the sculpture)
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051217162009990003&ncid=NWS00010000000001

For those of you that are wondering, the sculpture's measurements are 11 3/4 feet long, 6 1/2 feet high and 6 1/2 feet wide.


I'm shocked that artwork by Henry Moore was stolen. What I find surprising, to say the least, is the method that was used and how the thieves were able to get away.

So this brings me back to my original question(s)-What on earth would someone want this?

Where would someone keep this thing? A two-ton sculpture thats worth over $5.2 millon is not the easiest thing to hide.

1 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous brown eyed girl said...

omg, i saw that article too! i thought it was the funniest thing!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 1:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares