Saturday, January 14, 2006

Want gifts? Move away!

I'm off to Israel in 2 days. 2 days. That means in two days I will be sitting on a plane for 12 hours by myself trying to see how long that little tv screen, my magazines, the music/iPod, and crossword puzzles can possibly entertain me for. That means no matter how hard I try to pass time by sleeping, during those 12 hours I will wake up with a neck and back ache, my knees up to my chest cramped in this little tiny space next to some old geyser (sp?) leaning on a window - and I will have only gotten 3 hours of shut eye.

So here is what I decided about long trips away from families. Take 'em. Whenever you have the chance - just go. They'll miss you? Eh, you'll see them again... eventually. And here is my reason why you should leave. RELATIVES SPLURGE! And this is probably what's going on in their head "I won't be seeing my little baby for another (in my case) 6 months why don't I buy them all I can? If anything they'll return with a reallyyy nice and expensive gift." And I'm thinking "yay presents, more weight to add to one of my 4 suitcases." What's the deal with that by the way, airlines deciding to change the weight of their bags from 70 to 50 pounds? I do not approve.

So back to my splurging relatives - parents don't count cuz, well, they're paying for your trip. So they're really off the hook - yet we all know they end up giving you bundles of money in the end. Grandparents, sisters, the whole works it's like they're telling you, "I didn't think you'd really be on this flight or actually going to Israel but here's something to remember me by. Enjoy!"

I'm not a big fan of gifts. I'm not a big fan of birthdays either. But dude, I'm leaving in 2 days, whatever you buy for me here is one less thing I need to buy there. I'll take it.

Shavua tov all.

1 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger elder punk of zion said...

i wish theyd have in flight showers.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 11:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares