Monday, January 23, 2006

This is about the time I move to Canada

If there was ever a time that I really really wish I lived in Canada it would be now. I'm fed up with 60 million Americans living without health insurance, we need universal coverage. Health cannot be left to the bureaucratic idiots with the mental capacity to keep files in order comparable only to Cpl. Klinger on M*A*S*H. Why rant now you ask? Simple, I feel an all too familiar pain in my knee. The same I felt November 20th, 2003 when I tore the lateral meniscus of my knee. That required surgery. After playing soccer on Friday I now have a swollen knee and a limp that is getting worse. LAME.

Alright, alright, I'll get to the point. A f***ing letter comes today that my insurance (HIP, those c**k smuggling inbred s**t eating excuses for human beings...aka an HMO) ended on January 1st even though as a dependent and a full time college student it should not end until I graduate (I guess this is where the 5 year plan becomes a good idea?)

Nevermind the fact that a letter should have come much sooner than January 23rd, not to mention January 1st, I now have to get a proof of enrollment and deal with HIP bureaucracy before I can even go to my family doctor just to get a REFERRAL to my orthoascopic surgeon.

This is a very negative post and I don't want to be know for that...so umm...ugh...my replacement mighty mouse comes tomorrow. Yay!

4 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger XVI (R) - NY said...

Your problem isnt then with the government for not providing coverage but with the greedy insurance companies that have raised prices and lowered standards. Fifteen years ago insurance was relatively cheap for all and was almost all-inclusive. Refferals were barely a necessity and people were covered while doctors were being compensated fairly (if not overfairly) while paying an only-slightly-insane amount for malpractice.
Five years later and HMOs come into play. Now your case needs board approval before it can be delegated money, you pay more as the board members are payed nicely and so the companies are sued, and the doctors are making a quarter of what they used to.
Just five years ago, doctors were given a limit to the number of refferals they can write in a month meaning that its better to get injured between the 1st and the 12th. Additionally, insurance prices soared, funding dropped, drugs were no longer covered, doctors got payed even less per procedure, fewer procedures could be performed on insurance money and so malpractice suits flourished raising the cost of malpractice insuance to astronomical levels (A family practitioner in NY, on average, now works 3.5 of the 12 months of the year just to pay his insurance) causing the quality of doctors to drop as more bright young minds ventured torward more capitalistic vocations.

Basically, yeah... your better off in Canada except the medical field there sucks as doctors are getting payed the same as Sanitation workers but require 6-15 more years of schooling. Guess both systems suck.

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:04:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Chamsa said...

That's BS xvi, the schooling for doctors in Canada is identical to that in the USA. And they are quite well payed, though not as well as in America, depending which province you look at.

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:23:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous brown eyed girl said...

i'm way overdue for my move to canadia. i said that if bush was elected i would move there. then i said if he was reelected i would move there.

it does seem a whole lot better... and they know hockey.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:04:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger XVI (R) - NY said...

Maybe... Then again I may have been cheshboning in canadia money?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares