Saturday, January 29, 2005

Brownsville Girl, Show Me All Around the World

I regret to inform you of the passing on of the greatest pet I ever had:

Brownsville Girl
June 2003-January 2005

Posted by Hello
Between Rocky, Bullwinkle, Goofy, Blueberry, Strawberry, Shmubbles, Brownsville, Hurricane, Biscuit, and Rainyday Woman No. 12 (all the fish I ever had under my care), I have to admit that Brownsville was, without a doubt, my favorite--even though he bit me twice (Beta fish respond to people, so when I would feed him, I’d wiggle my finger at the top of the bowl and he’d come up to me and then follow my finger to where the food was but Beta fish can also jump pretty darn high…).
The presumed cause of death is old age.

The first time I picked Brownsville up, well, his bowl anyway, was at the pet store, when I had gone to replace my last dead goldfish. I lifted his bowl and as I was thinking about how beautiful his blue, shimmering scales were, I noticed a spot of brown on top of his head. The next thought to pop into my mind did so in Dylan’s voice and sounded something like this, “Brownsville girl with your Brownsville curls, teeth like pearls shining like the moon above. Brownsville girl, show me all around the world, Brownsville girl, you're my honey love.”
Well, the name stuck.

Goodbye, Brownsville. I’ll miss you.

Please note: this is really posted by BrownsvilleGirl (not the fish, the me--admin of this blog) but I had to post it under DB because he was kind enough to download Hello which I have on my laptop that my sister took away for two days.

6 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Queenie said...

My heart understands you.
I am sorry for you loss.

Q

Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:38:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:39:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Luke Skyhopper said...

my saddest condolences, may brownsville enter the paradise of fishy heaven, free of all hungry felines and menacing earthly culinary temptations.

Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:41:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Mesiach said...

My closest condolinces. When my power is done and i will raise the dead i will make shore Brownsville Girl will be an exception. Im sorry for your lose but remeber in the next life fishie is the jealousy of all for having such a master.

Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:31:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, poor Brownsville! I knew him, Dina: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath bitten your finger many a time...

...ok, ok, so I plagiarized a little from Hamlet. But really, there are no words to express my deep sorrow in the passing of the fish who I shared many late night studying and sleepovers with...painting each others toenails...pillow fights...it'll never be the same.
Rest in peace, Brownsville.
-Miryam

Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:37:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Thank you for your condolences.

I got myself two more Beta's today so now I have Biscuit (he's an oldie), The Raging Bull (please don't ask), and another one yet to be named.

But don't tell my dad, cause he said I could only get one new one.

Sunday, January 30, 2005 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares