Sunday, March 06, 2005

My Brother Hates My Haircut

I got most of my hair chopped off on Friday.
"I don't like your haircut," my brother said. "It's ugly."
"How disappointing, here I thought you had good taste."
"I do have good taste--you just got a really terrible haircut."
Yes, he's eleven.
It's weird, I realized the other day, most people I know now don't realize that I've always kept my hair this short (or shorter). For some reason, I've been leaving it long when it's grown these past two years. My cousin came over today (with her 4 year old and 2 year old munchkins) and after at least thirty minutes, I asked if she liked my haircut.
"Oh, I didn't even notice," she said before adding that she thought it looked really nice.
She didn't even notice that my hair went from a bit past my shoulders to barely past my ears. Bizarre, you'd think. But I think most people identify me as "the girl with the short hair" just like when I was a little girl I'd be referred to as "the scrawny girl with the short hair." Guess I haven't changed as much as I think I have...

4 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Look...

1. short hair=sexy2. shorter and sexier!3. short hair and amazing!4. what do you call this, huh?5. and my hair's not even this short!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:29:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont understand the negativity of the comments made, i think dina and her hair are fabulous. In fact, i just started the "i love dina haircut club" and whoever wants to join it, must wish her a very happy birthday and very happy hair cut. yes. redemption has come.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:37:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! And happy haircut too, sexy-haired Dina. I love your hair and I love you even more! aaaaaaaaaaaaw.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:53:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

And "gender crises" Coops?

Huh, who's the boy who responded, "I agree," when that girl in the Hillel room said, "I'm starting to believe that WE of the feminine species are a strange breed." Or what ever it was she said...

Monday, March 07, 2005 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares