Tuesday, August 02, 2005

L'Shana Ha-zeh B'Yerushalayim

So as some of you know its official, I'm going back to Israel in September to learn in Yeshiva in Mevaseret Zion. Mevaseret is a suburb right outside of Jerusalem on one of those beautiful surrounding hills. I'm not really sure why I decided to do this, although im pretty certain it has to do with Doni talking me into how much I'd miss if I didnt spend a year studying there. I guess theres a difference between studying stuff on 68th and Lexington and learning about your culture on the outskirts of Jerusalem.

Of course the downside to my leaving Hunter for the year is that I'll miss out on the fresh crop of new freshmen O-girls. oh well, gam zu l'tova (this is also for the best). I suppose Ill just have to wait for the fresher batch the following year, although some wise minds seem to think i ought to wait a few years after that as well. I mean the truth is that i know that I have to seriously improve my torah knowledge of gemara, chumahs yad yada yada. For the life of me I cannot open a chumash and get anywhere without reading the English translation. I really want to learn hebrew, and I hope that happens some how or another.

the thing that scares me is that the yeshiva is giving out special email addresses, which I think is because they dont have regular internet access. I was initially hoping to contribute to this blog by having some sort of diary, but that doesnt seem likely as of now. I couldve been a foreign correspondent for Punks. We couldve had an international section, how many blogs can boast that??

7 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Akiva said...

Blogspot blogs can take posts by email. So you may not be able to read your blog (from the Yeshiva, you could stop by an Internet cafe on time off) but you can still post to it.

Check out your Blog Settings, Email, Mail-to-Blogger address.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:51:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Mesiach said...

Moeshe becareful!!!!! don't go haredi!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:04:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Luke Skyhopper said...

akiva, good idea, thanks.
dont worry messiah man, ill be careful

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:38:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as far as the "fresh crop of o-girls," first, when you come back, it'll just mean twice as many you get to know. second, as said in dazed and confused, "you know what's great about high school girls, i keep getting older, and they stay the same age!"

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:15:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEG: Damn but you have fine taste in music and movies.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:09:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Dindel said...

I have sevral thoughts..

A. What about the cute sem girls? They'r just looking for trouble.

B. I dont think anyone every regrets a year in israel. I did 3 and have the memories forever.

C. What better place to learn hebrew?

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:22:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brown eyed: lol

dindel:
a) if i go to yeshiva im probably not gonna go skirt chasing, sorta defeats the purpose.

im gonna have to go with u on B and C

Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares