Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Unknown Bird

I didn't want to open the door to go out back today because I didn't want to scare away the two birds and chipmunk who were munching away at seeds that had fallen from the birdfeeder we have. But then, of course, I got restless (after about a minute) and opened the door. The two birds flew off and the chipmunk skippity-hopped away. Then I noticed another bird. Only this one hadn't moved...and it was upside down.

Why is there a dead bird on my lawn? It looks like it died of a heart attack and I wonder what could have freaked it out so much that it died. But then, maybe it choked on a millet of bird food. Or maybe like my dead bird, Babaganoush, he died of depression.

I was going to take a picture of the bird and write a little eulogy, but I know nothing about this bird's life and was afraid to deligitimize any of its life's work with a silly little eulogy. So here's what I've got:
Unknown Bird
Born: n/a
Died: July 12, 2005
He or she had a pretty red belly and probably a pretty voice.
A bit pathetic, I know, but it's the best I can think up right now.
Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares