Monday, January 30, 2006

Alright thats enough...

A few years ago the Gillette company turned the shaving industry on its ear when it came out with the "mach3" a razor with 3 blades; whoa!! For those of you shomer y-boys who've never used one, its nothing special. A few years later Schick, Gillete's biggest competitior came out with the answer "Quattro" a razor with four blades. Once again nothing special. The shavers before it were doing the job just fine, the extra blades were just redundant.
Flash forward to next Sunday, Super Sunday aka Yom Rishon Super; Gillette will premier is latest razor yet, "The Fusion," with one-two-three-four-FIVE blades. OK ENOUGH stop it stop it right now. There is no need for that many blades. Its wasetful and stupid. Besides guys look cool with a little stubble or even gasp a beard. (right Dina?) Oy, I predict by the end of the decade there will be seven blades on the standard blade. Who will stop this mishegas?

3 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Y'know what's funny? Every time I see another shaver commercial like this, I have the same reaction. Why can't they just make the blades advanced enough that all it takes is one or two to do the job? Actually, I can answer that. Because the shaver companies think that all guys have a "the bigger the better" comple and so instead of bettering what they have, they just add more and more mediocre razors. Well, I think it's time that we let them know that guys aren't that stupid. They won't fall to every whim and folly of the shaver companies until the shaver companies start taking them seriously. What I propose is a boycott. Any guy who uses a shaver should chuck it and grow a beard. (Beard trimmers are okay to purchase.) Who's with me???

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:31:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually did a market research for 'The Fusion' in the UK (there were about 8 sessions in the whole of Europe) and I really liked the razor and the associated products. So what you've got is down to me. Indirectly. Sort of. In a way...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:14:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger null said...

Yes, I'm sure they test well..but I'm sure that the three and four blade versions tested well too. That didn't stop them from adding more blades. I'm still waiting for a scene like in "I, Robot" where all the new razors destroy all the "sub 5's" in metal massacre. hkbpaq

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares