Thursday, January 06, 2005

Jewish Motherhood--Here I...I...want to come!!!

I lost it. I have completely and totally lost it.
I was watching a Sex and the City re-run the other day when the realization that I am insane hit me. After taking a tour of her mother-in-law’s garden, Charlotte meets her husband and they start talking about something or another. About five seconds into their conversation her little watch alarm goes off and she says, “ooh! Those are my eggs. I’m ovulating.” Or something along those lines, anyway. So, she and her husband had sex. Charlotte's me.
When I was younger, I’d walk around saying, “I want a baby. I want a baby. I want a baby.” This of course went on for years (12-16 years old) until my mother threatened to lock me in my room if I’d say it again. I still want a baby. I want a baby so bad that every guy I meet goes through the test in my head…
Potential Father Exam
Question 1:
Is this guy fun enough that sex with him for the rest of my life will be interesting?
Question 2:
Would I want my grandchildren running to this guy screaming, “grandpa/savta/zaide?”
Question 3:
Do I want my children to have this guy’s brains/middot/looks and would he sit and do gemara homework with my sons and learn with me on Shavout night?
Okay, so maybe I really only ask myself those first two questions, but that’s not half as intense as what goes through my mind when I pass baby clothes stores! As a matter of fact, just the other day I got hit with baby-itch (noun: an intense desire to give up your figure for nine months so that you can bring a child into the world who you will love, cherish, have lots of stress over, and get ugly veins in your legs from) so strongly I almost cried.
While shopping for myself (because it's still JUST ME), I wanted to look at some skirts hanging a bit to my right. I couldn't just walk straight there, though, because there was a woman with a stroller in my way. I walked around the woman and looked down at what were the four most beautiful, gorgeous eyes I had ever seen!!! THE WOMAN HAD TWINS! And they were amaaaaaaaaazing. Bundled up from hood to footy, the two babies were laying side by side. The only thing that outdid the adorablness of their cheeks that were puffing out over their coats, were their huge and shining and beautiful eyes! I didn't know what to do with myself. So I did what I always do when I find myself staring at the amazing miracle of a baby--I made faces. I know, I know, but I can't help it.
I want a baby.

10 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, it's just hormones. It'll pass in a day or two...until next month.


TM

Friday, January 07, 2005 2:57:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, did I mention you're ovulating?

TM

Friday, January 07, 2005 3:09:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Good one...
If I wouldn't totally know my cycle so well, I'd think the same.
Scary how I am like this aaaaall month long!

Friday, January 07, 2005 3:42:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Orthodox family members as well as friends tend to have their daughters marry at 18, and start bearing children, um, well, about 10-12 months later. Maybe you're just feeling, you know, left out.

Friday, January 07, 2005 4:19:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Hahahahaha!
Yeah, my friends are up and marrying...maybe that's it (although I really don't want to get married for a while--still a month.5 away from 20 for me).

Sunday, January 09, 2005 12:54:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah, no wonder you guys are "the punks of Zion." You're kids!

Sadly, The Middle is also kind of, uh, old enough that I wouldn't appear on your JDate searches because I'd be out of your age range...

Sunday, January 09, 2005 1:40:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

There are some really gorgeous guys in the 25-40 group!
Whoa.

Thursday, January 13, 2005 6:46:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wait, I do fit in that category.

But I am married and definitely unlisted on there. :)


TM

Thursday, January 13, 2005 7:20:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Hahahahahahaha!
I was just teasing...I deactivated my account this summer...yeah.

Thursday, January 13, 2005 8:53:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, so did many people. I don't have the patience to search for it now, but we have a couple of posts about JDate and their problems on Jewlicious.

TM

Friday, January 14, 2005 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares