Sunday, October 23, 2005

Skins and Fales

On erev Yom Kippur, The Fish Formerly Known as Phish died of indeterminate causes. The Fish had been in my care since about last April or so. I was upset, but I had two other fish. Then, right before Sukkot, Biscuit died of old age. I had Biscuit for nearly two years and I noticed that he got sluggish and sickly in his old age, so when he died, it was expected.
So it was down to just me and the Bull. The Raging Bull, that is. Now, I love the Bull and all that, but I felt a little sad that I had two empty fish bowls. So today I went to the fish store and got myself a couple more fish. First, because he gets seniority, is The Raging Bull:


The first fish I bought I couldn't resist because he looks albino. But then there's this beautiful maroon stripe across his fins...sigh...
(sorry about the glare in this one.)

And this one I needed because he's teeny!

So anyway, no names were coming to me (shocking, I know). When Randy came up with the most perfect names I'd ever heard. So now they are Skins and Fales. For those of you who don't know me, I tend to mess up my words all the time and for some reason, one of the mess-ups I most commonly do (among calling shopping carts wheelbarrows) is call fins and scales skins and fales. The albino is Skins and the teeny one is Fales.

:)

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares