Friday, October 21, 2005

"Tramping" aka hitchhiking

I knew it would happen sooner or later, but yeah I lost my virginity...hitchhiking virginity that is. Scared you there for a moment didn't I? Well yeah, still no luck with those sem girls, although I came awfully close with a few MMY ones... on Yom Kippur. I guess you could say I didnt wanna piss off The Big Fella to much. As a side note for those who dont know, the only Mevaseret (my school)-MMY(corresponding girl school far-far away) event is Yom Kippur davening. If I've ever had my mind played with, that was it. I mean like who in their right mind throws 30 girls into an all-guy school on the holiest day of the freaking calendar? Fair to say I had a lot on my mind by the time n'eila (final yom kippur service) came around.

Anyways, back to hitchhiking. And for those of you who still dont get it, nothing of any sexual nature took place. Thursday of Chol Hamoed, I decided to do something other than sleep, I planned on going to the Be'er Sheva area to what was supposed to be a really cool air force museum - yeah im a nerd - and a tomato festival (my friends idea). So after taking a really late bus in and then waiting another hour plus for my friend to show its about four o'clock, much to late for the air force museum. So we go to this tomato festival which is supposed to be near by. turns out it like 45 minutes away past Ofakim (really funny name if you know what I mean), in some moshav called Chevel Shalom. Basically we take 2 buses getting there and eventually arrive at about 6ish. We procede to realize that the bust we took to the festival is also the last bus out of the area til the next morning. This information kind of ruins our tomato festivaling for the most part. Essentially it its either Tramp or walk, a win-win situation. So we're waiting at the entrance to the festival hoping that someone has the decency, not to mention insanity, to pick up a couple of stranded Americans. After deciding that we were gonna try to make the hour walk back to Eschkol junction (its dark by now), we get picked up by some kindly farmer.

After arriving at the junction, we get out of his pickup truck just as the the last bus from there to tel-aviv is pulling out. So after calling the bus company and realizing that in fact that bus was the last bus from the area, we kind of realized that we were going to have to hitchhike once again. Eventually a cool old guy in a nice sedan (dont ask me why hes driving a sedan in desert/farm country) picks us up and actually drives us all the way to Kama Junction which is right on the road between Be'er Sheva and Kiryat Gat, basically we wait for 15 minutes and pick up the 446 bus which got us to Jerusalem (actually Harel Junction for me, next to my school) in under 2 hours. So yeah I hitchhiked about 10 miles from the Rafah Crossing and lived to tell the tale.

To say that I accomplished what I was trying to, would be a lie. The Tomato festival sucked, but the subsequent adventure was kinda cool, especially in retrospect, I just hope my parents dont find out.

3 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

You went to a tomato festival??? I've always wanted to go to one! WOW! I'm so jealous--you don't even know.

Also, I thought it's pronounced tremping. But what do I know?

:)

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:52:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that just goes to show you dina really is from the country.

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:06:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Luke Skyhopper said...

yeah tremping sounds more like it, i guess im associating the word with the english word for tramp, as in hobo etc.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares