Sunday, December 18, 2005

(In)Sanity Excercise-or- Mixing Mass Media with Mishnah Makes a Mess.

I was hanging out at a friends house for Shabbat when I got bored. So, I started reading everything in sight. First I picked up The Chumash and read out of Bereshis/Genesis (man...that Joseph and his wacky wardobe...) Then I picked up a magazine. Since I was in a house full of women the only available magazine at the Time was 'Cosmopolitan.' The biggest feature was an article on, what else? sex positions. After reading an article on "What he's really saying" I felt a small pop in my head and figured "Cosmo" had caused enough brain damage and I put it down. I then picked up the Talmud Bavli and started reading I read quite a bit and I discovered something interesting and you can try this in your house.....A little experiment

Perform the following tasks in order:

  1. Read Chumash. At least one parsha, the parsha of the week would be good(Preferably the Hebrew if you can, if not the English, but try to at least read the Hebrew text and sound out the words. Also read the commentary, as much as you can)
  2. Next. Read the most recent issue of Cosmopolitan. US Weekly, or Elle will work as substitutes.
  3. Next. Read out of the Gemara. English translation will be fine. Most people don't know Aramaic.
  4. Then sit down. and think about all that you have read that day.

...If performed correctly, blood will spurt out of your ears.

Don't believe me...?

...Try it.

    2 Shpeils

    <$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

    Blogger Luke Skyhopper said...

    i breakup my dafs will lil punks bitul torah.

    Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:45:00 PM  

    <$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

    Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

    I would like to point out that you can eliminate steps 1, 3, and 4 and still arrive at the same result. :)

    Monday, December 19, 2005 1:20:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Check out our Punks tees!

    And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

    Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares