Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Computer Speaks

"Hello?"
My computer has a very, very, very deep voice.

I froze.
"Hello?" It repeated.
"Uh...Hello?"
"Hi."
"What? Hi...Zvi? Are we talking?"
"Yes."
"But, what? Hi?"
Little did I know; my computer has a microphone.

I upgraded my Yahoo! Messenger last night so that I could send my friend Zvi a file (since Ben was sending me a file on AIM) to Yahoo! Talk. As is apparent by the "talk" part of Yahoo! Talk, you can talk through it. It's just that, well, I didn't know that I had that capability on my computer. Which leads me to my next point: why was my computer so ill designed?


The speakers-in-front thing never bothered me. That is, until I started using the mics...which are very conveniently located on the sides of my computer. See now, just how much greater would it be for the mics to be in the front and the speakers to be on the sides? Y'know, like how a head works.

Furthermore, my friend noticed when we were talking that my computer fan makes a lot of whirring noises. Well, duh, because it's always on. And why is it always on? Because it's on the bottom of my computer! How is it supposed to blow air out if it's always on something when it's on? My computer is, unfortunately, no David Blaine.

Anyway, I should be working on my paper.

2 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Lost in Service said...

Yeh, another reason why apple likes things to work. imac: speakers at the bottom, mic hidden (probably in the bottom), and quiet fan in the back.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:15:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Well, the speakers on the bottom makes no sense.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares