Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ruth Reichl and Me

It's official. I am fit to breed Reichls.

From a CNN interview in 1998...
REICHL: Oh, absolutely. She also thought that you could combine any two things, so she had a few leftovers. She would combine corned beef and chocolate pudding and make a little casserole out of them.
CNN: So this lead you to start cooking yourself.
REICHL: Well, it was self-defense. If you're sensible and you have a mother like that, you cook yourself. It's the only thing to do.
Yes, that Reichl is in reference to THE Ruth Reichl (only, like, my Goddess!). Take one person with a curiosity for food and give her a child and you get Ruth Reichl! My friends, my kids are so gonna rock yours!

For the record though, I would never try what her mother did. Although I did mix pudding and peanut butter today and then freeze it. 'Twas yummy.

2 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

look! a comment!

Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:00:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Haha! That's okay Mir, I can understand that others aren't as obsessed with the greatest woman alive as I am.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares