Monday, August 08, 2005

Yes, This is Dating, Goshdarnit.

So, uh, anyone shidduch recently?

3 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I thought you meant you go on an awesome date and then he isn't interssted in seeing you again. I mean, thats what this cartoon sounds like. With shidduch dating, the people who set you up convince you this guy is perfect for you in everyway...and then you meet him. It usually doesn't take more than 5 minutes to realize that either
1. The person who set you up left out some crucial information you were too naive to ask for
2. The things they mentioned were the only positive and/or compatable attributes this guy has or
3. Most of that they told you are not entirely true. Either they were misinformed, or they twisted the truth to make it sound more favorable, or they flat out made things up (i. e. "he's got a ghreat sense of humor") because there is nothjing better to say and they wish it was, in fact, true.
I know I sound bitter, but I sometimes wonder why people would insult each other and waste each others time just beacuse they really did not think things through. Sometimes its more helpful to just do nothing at all if you're not really sure fo whjat you're doing. I mean, in the very least yuou can be honest and say "I don't know" or "I'm not the person to ask." It would have saved alot of humiliation for alot of people.
p.s. I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant, it just happened. sorry.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:53:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Oh no, the freefall is not good in the dating sense. But I love all your points and they're all true. You sure you don't wanna post a punks official rant on this? :)
Sometimes I wonder, too, if people are deluded when they're setting others up. I know you've had worse than I have, but dating really is painful. This is why I've come up with a plan. It goes like this:
First Date: Informal One Hour Thing (at MOST two hours)
Do you know what it's like to be out with a stranger with no car for yourself and not knowing when this guy plans on returning you???
Second Date: Informal Day Date
Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I dated anyone past first dates. :) They were just that unenjoyable...
Okay, so I'm not a pro at this. Mir--help me out?

Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:19:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict that Mir will be engaged by the end of the month to Doni and that they will plan to have the wedding in late December. This will mean all this dating idiocy will no longer bother her...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares