Sunday, September 11, 2005

Living in Sin


Well, the punks store has a new tee...so if you haven't checked it out yet, you definitely should!

29 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

That is the coolest t-shirt I've ever seen! Where do I buy one??
-Zoe

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:29:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

Whoops, I clicked on the picture and figured it out. I'm getting one!! -Zoe

Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:30:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm just a Philistine whose untrained eye cannot fathom the boundless brilliance of this particular design and the unprecedented artistic vision of putting a superfluous hook on the letter "n", but it looks like it says "Living ig Sin."

Monday, September 12, 2005 2:53:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

don't worry about it, Michael, the differenciation between the "n" in "in" and the "g" in "living" is clear when the tee is larger than two inches on your screen.

Monday, September 12, 2005 7:32:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's really great that Randy really pays attnetion during class, and get his money worth, instead of talking to people and making up tee shirts.

...oh wait. :-)

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:00:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Thanks TM. We punks try.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:43:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael is rigth.

"Life in Sin" is much better.

or "Life full of Sin".

I prefer "Sin full of life".

Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:29:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Shual (or is that Shaul?), "Living in Sin" is a saying--that's why it works. As for your other suggestions, while they're nice of you to think up, the only one that works (grammatically) is "life full of sin" and that's just too complicated to put on a tee. But thanks!

Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:53:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm no, I think its not too complicated. But I like the idea with the symbol.

I will not have the time until December. If it works, I call you again. My idea is using a line from Die Krupps "hell - this is the paradise of sin" and http://people.freenet.de/Ingo-Bentz/Schact_VII.jpg

Only 4 Shirts. For you, two children and me.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:49:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Alright, so the "Only 4 Shirts. For you, two children and me" part confuses me.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:09:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"confuses me" ???

The shirts will only be a private gift for two young [jewish] freaks living in Frankfurt. [I showed them the "living in sin"-hirts, but they said nothing friendly about them. :-) But this affront must be answered ... by producing a special piece of shirt that will make them famous. Megalomania? Yes.] And private because I don't want to ask Mr. Giger about a permission to use his work.

But when I will go to the print shop [an old school friend] he will print 4 pieces. One for me and one for you. I will send you a message when I am ready and then you can decide.

For You? I don't know why. I have no explanation. Strange idea No 125 233 523 in my life.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:16:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Perhaps for me because I am as close to perfection as a human can get?

Thanks.

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:28:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Omg, now a T-Shirt, roses and candy and a poem this almost perfect woman will never forget. My mission finally found me!]

Monday, September 19, 2005 8:57:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

So Shual, out of curiousity...how will this tee make those two "freaks" famous? I'm a little slow at following this, apparently...

Monday, September 19, 2005 7:16:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear, there are onethousand possible stories. I have to work now, please choose between a story of

- romance
- mystic
- political scandal

I will produce a story ... [I am german and I HAVE problems with english, so you have to give me a little time to show the story my translator.]

The easiest way? Well, in Frankfurt, the clubs are ethical seperated. To try to bring them into an arab-club with the shirt will make them famous.

Monday, September 19, 2005 9:17:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, ethnical separated.

Monday, September 19, 2005 9:25:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I'll go with romance.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:42:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, ... next Tuesday.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:32:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Alright, I'll wait.

:)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:20:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

provisional result/update

We have a german concept-version. And now the [censored/censored/censored] translation-time begins.

http://people.freenet.de/Ingo-Bentz/SchachtVII.html

Friday, September 23, 2005 12:41:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

okay, so google language tools didn't translate the bottom two paragraphs for me. :)

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:57:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... I thougth I am bad in english, but google is much worser than me. [You can copy the last to paragraphs, but ... "at the night zeriss that there-dawn" ... WHAT? Hm. I am the author and maybe I can sue google for some smart money.]

And this is a quite simple text. [.....] Tuesday.

Friday, September 23, 2005 6:59:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Okay...it's Tuesday...:)

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:28:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[In this poem, it's never tuesday - Rolf Dieter Brinkmann]

Okok, the situation:

- My translator has not corrected a single word, yet. She's a working mother of 3 so we should forgive her.

- So, I will go online with a uncorrected version tonigth [3am here, thats 9pm NYtime I think. TUESDAY] It will be what you can call a denglish version, still very much/some grammar faults and words to overthink. But I think you can understand 99% of it and the sense.

- After Mrs. translator is finished, I will update the story.

[On the other hand. Its working better than expected. I never did it before, a good test for me. So please be patient. For me translating is like ... one of the top ten of worst things. But if it works... maybe a bigger/more ambitious project ... over the winter. :-)]

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:38:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffe break. What the real problem is.

Well, bad grammar and bad spelling are not the problem. The major problem is that I have a prooven enormous rhetorical talent. In GERMAN. It is the fundament and frame that is always there. And so, no matter if political texts or private messages my ideas and thougths can trust the fundament, can come in, breathe, live develop. And yes, there more I work with the sentences the greater is my own emphathic connection to them. They become my friends. And other people [not all, some] can share the ambience I created. And thats why I like to write and write and write. The people must not like the idea or the choosen words. The shared ambience is what I am looking for.

I don't know if that is possible for me in the english language. I look at the sentences and I have lost the empathic connection myself. It is like I lost my friends. And I feel like a bloody amateur. This is disturbing me!

But I think you are the rigth person for a first test. Maybe its working? and if not, I will learn very much from the failures.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:40:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here you go: http://people.freenet.de/Ingo-Bentz/Schachteng.html

Remark1: We will work it over as fast we can. I will call you.

Remark2: "famous"- We wanted to make them famous. But I like the story as it is. The "famous" part [parents searching for the lost boy via TV, that this will make him popular and that he has to tell his friends and about it and so on...] you can imagine that on your own.

Sleep well...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:29:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Aw! Thank you for that story!

Now, "I will call you."=I'm confused.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:16:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, sorry, "I will inform you when its finished by leaving a message in this blog and I will not CALL you". :-)

[Oh, I like anonymity. "I will call" you with my real name: There actually IS a one man living in NY with my name working at the German-American Chamber of Commerce. Guess what his wife would think if she has to read that he....]

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:16:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Okay.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares