Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fear and loathing in Brooklyn

We couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong.

“I lost,” Nukes said.
“I lost,” I responded, and laughed.

This particular round of the game took on a deeper meaning. For one, he was bleeding from the lip, and we were in jail.
After that Nukes continued screaming at the arresting officer.

“Listen man, you don’t understand,” this was the yayin talkin’ “I AM AN E-M-T, and I demand to go to the hospital.”
“Noooookes,” I pleaded. “PLEASE SHUT THE F%^$ UP.”
“No,” he responded. “You shut-up.”

Then I passed out. When I came to Nukes was gone. They apparently had finally taken him to the hospital….
…what a night, this Purim isn’t as fun as the last one.

An explanation is in order. Ok, stop, rewind. About an hour earlier we were at the Hillel Purim bash, drinking and having a good time. I had already arranged to sleep at his house, because mine was far away. We took a cab home, but when we got there, he realized that neither one of us had any money. Yadda yadda yadda, we were put in the back of a squad car.

“I lost,” I said.
“I lost,” Nukes responded, and laughed.


Good! Now that we’re all caught up, I can continue.

Being alone in a cold jail cell sucks. What sucked even more is that I didn’t realize that I would be in captivity for the next thirty-two hours. At about six o’clock I was awoken to be fingerprinted. Then they told me I was being moved. When I was done being moved I ended up in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Nuke was still nowhere to be found. There I met my first cellmate, this creepy Polish guy who was being held until Interpol could pick him up. A few hours later Nukes was delivered to Red Hook.

“NUUUUKES?” I yelled down the hall.
“Yeah,” he answered. “How you doin’?”
“I lost,” I answered.
“F$%&, I lost,” he responded. Neither one of
us laughed.

By the end of two days we would have spent over thirty six hours, in seven cells in three facilities. We were to have had over a hundred cellmates and we each lost about twenty times each. We got out with time served and five days of community service. Still though…
…Hag sameach.

1 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Luke Skyhopper said...

awesome, im doing that next purim!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares