Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Did you know there are two whole volumes about when a women you know...that time of month? I didn't.


The other day I spent about three hours rearranging the library in the Hillel lounge. Besides inhaling more dust than any person should without consulting a doctor, I uncovered about a dozen Chumashim, and even more siddurim than I think we could use in a life time. However I was disappointed in one respect. I uncovered only two volumes of Talmud Bavli, Berekhot and Bavva kamma.
Considering the number of arguments we have in there about Jewish law and whether not it’s ok to do this on that day, and if women are allowed to do whatnot in the presence of whoever, this seemed like a pretty conspicuous omission.
So I’ve been thinking, Why not get a full set? Sure it’s expensive, but we could do it. I ran the idea by “El Presidente” and he was enthusiastic about it.
Here’s the basic preliminary plan: We could use some of the Hillel budget. That would likely cover about 20 or more volumes. From there we would need donors. What we could do is have each volume dedicated to a specific donor. For example “Tractate Berekhot” could be to Nukes. Pesach could be me, ”Niddah” would be to Randy (hehe) and “Chullin” could be Dina. I know “Tractate Chullin” probably has nothing to do with a slow cooked Jew stew, but still it seems appropriate.
Anyway, if anybody has any ideas for individual donors as well as any intuitions and/or loaded relatives who could donate multiple volumes please let me know.

3 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Lost in Service said...

Randy: Doesn't that come at the end of a sentence? Oh, that's a quesiton mark.

For your information i almost posted this with a h at the end of mark.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:10:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Did you know that I used to think your name was Mark? Then someone told me that your name is really Lenny and I was thankful that you never stole a shirt of mine so that I didn't have to call you by your name to bug you about getting it back. Oh, wait...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:20:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We also have a Bavva Metzia on the second floor. Also, I believe that Chullin is about Kashrut, so the food thing still works.
mt

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares