Monday, March 06, 2006

Tzachie was right, they do sound different.

A few months ago I overheard the Hillel Head Honcho Tzachi giving an orientation to a bunch of people doing Hillel birthright. Among the "pertinent" facts delivered in this little seminar was that Israeli currency sounds different than American money. So I dropped a 50 schek' note and a 20 dollar bill on the ground...
....It didn't work. I then decided that he was probably referring to coinage. Unfortunately, I didn't have any coins on me so scientific progress was going to have to wait.
Yesterday, I found my lucky half shekel I carried around for about two months after I got back from Israel last summer, and the experiment was on. So in the Hillel lounge, under the gaze of half a dozen people who were mostly annoyed that I turned of the movie they were watching, I dropped my half shek' and a quarter(they're approximately the same size) and found that indeed they do have distinctly different sounds.
This doesn't make it relevant information for anyone planning a trip to the holy land, but it is interesting...
...Almost.

2 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is this at all interesting? U.S quarters are made of cupro-nickel...and shekels are not...They would obviously make a different sound. Does this really deserve a post?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:50:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger null said...

The point is, that it isn't interesting. We were poking fun at Tzachie, who felt that the sound of Israeli currency was a pertintet topic in an orientation for Birthright Israel.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares