Monday, August 15, 2005

Good-Bye Beards

For the past three weeks, I didn't listen to live music and men didn't shave. For the past (about) nine days, I didn't listen to live music, men didn't shave, we couldn't to laundry, no one ate meat, and some people didn't shower (gasp!). Yesterday we mourned the destruction of both Batia Mikdash by fasting, sitting on low chairs, not washing, and being smelly.

After chatzos (midday) today, everything changes. I know I'm supposed to be sad during the three weeks and happy afterwards (Shabbos Nachamu, anyone?), but I just can't bring myself to feel wholly happy now that the three weeks are over because I have to say good-bye to the beards.

Yes, I love beards. I was speaking to a friend last night (formerly the spokesperson for my Bring Back Beards Campaign*) who remarked, "oh, so you must love Sean Connery." In fact, I don't. Sean Connery may have a beard, but he's an older man. Beards on older men are just older men beards. Beards on young men are hot. There's no denying that something like this isn't amazingly gorgeous. Why are beards on younger guys hot? I don't know, but they are.

If you'd like to join my Bring Back Beards Campaign and open a chapter where you are, feel free to let me know...We already have chapters in both Florida and Oregon! Please note, however, that position of Mascot has already been taken.

*It was amazing while it lasted, but all good things must come to an end. Thanks for the Beard of Hotness while it was here.

10 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bearded woman are even hotter

-merv the perv

Monday, August 15, 2005 12:58:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Dindel said...

Do you currently have a division in Brooklyn?
I love a little scruff… ;)

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:32:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like gotees... or that 5 o'clock shadow, that's way past 7. but not so much the beards.

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:41:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Mesiach said...

Dina can i be the brooklyn chapter leader...i have a gotee going on and DIma shaved so he cant be it...lol Dima shaved after tishabat ov? thats kinda funny...what are you doing to him? your making him go O

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:54:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Oh Steeeeve, I wish I could give you a position, but it's not a club for people with facial hair--it's for beards. Grow out your whole beard, not just a goatee and you'd become the NY (Headquarters) Chairperson!
Sorry Dindels, we have nothing in Brooklyn. Of course, if Steve were to grow out his beard, and Dima were to allow his to grow back, we might be onto something. :)

Monday, August 15, 2005 7:06:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Zhukh is from Poughkeepsie?! Ah-ha! I just figured something out...

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:36:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger EN said...

Hey, I would love to join the bearded community, since halachikally it is the right thing to do, however it makes me itchy. But now that you think it is sexy, hummmmm..... ;)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 7:42:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Dindel said...

So can I start the brooklyn chapter I have some friends here loking to sign up :) ?

Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:55:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

YAY! Thanks Dindels!

Sunday, August 21, 2005 7:51:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger Rafael V. Rabinovich said...

Hey, I live in Crown Heights...
so, what does "in the past three weeks" mean? over here is more like "in the past three centuries"!

Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares