Friday, August 19, 2005

Today in History

I traveled on a van to high school. Every morning the driver would turn off the FDR at about 125th to avoid the growing traffic. Then at some point, the History Channel came along and planted this huge advertisement across from the FDR:


There is a scrolling lcd screen that always read the date, time, what would be on that night, and a "Today in history..." I remember this (they don't have the today in history anymore) because I used to go to school and write on the board what that day in history was ('cept for when it was just a stupid celeb's bday).

Such is the life of an Always-Dork. And anyway I couldn't resist taking a picture today. :)

And by the by, today in 1934
Hitler yimach shimo became president of Germany and in 1991 a Jewish youth was killed by a mob.

5 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that sign and I remember the This Day in History thing too. Ah nostalgia.

Friday, August 19, 2005 11:02:00 AM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to pass that sign all the time also.
"Such is the life of an Always-Dork." naw I find some of that type of stuff interesting. but that probably doesn't help you much. just confirms that I'm a dork also.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:13:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

while I'm on the topic my bday (Dec. 8) is the day that the U.S. joined WWII (by declaring war on Japan) and also the actual day that I was born was the day that the First Intifadah started. not too inspiring.

Friday, August 19, 2005 5:17:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I was born on the Ides of March.

Hardly anything beats that...

Friday, August 19, 2005 6:05:00 PM  

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was born 7 days BEFORE the ides of March. So I guess that beats that.

Friday, August 19, 2005 6:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares