Thursday, December 22, 2005

Channuka Countdown

Channuka in the country is gonna be great. I mean heck this is gonna be like Christmas in Bethlehem or Ramadan in wherever Ramadan is supposed to be celebrated, only much better. Why? Well because I kinda happened to have skipped morning classes...again (I actually had to go to the doctor), and well on the way back I walked through Ben-Yehuda market and came across the most awesome-est donuts ever. Yeah Imagine that 5-10 bakeries within a 2 or so block radius all selling Saf'ganiot (donuts). What could be better? Thats what Channukas all about right? It kinda like seriously puts you in the holyday spirit (ever wonder what the point of spelling it holiday was?). And this isnt like in the US where everything is Christmas-dik, and oriented towards the commericalisation Jesus's birthday. (I find nothing wrong with a 2006th or is it 2005th? birthday celebration just it seems a little over-commericalized) Speaking of which the other day when I was walking back from that old city fabrengen, I saw about the most anti-climatic call-it-whatever-you-like scene of my life; a christmas tree in someones window in the old city of Jerusalem. Well it was in the Armenian quarter so of course it made plenty of sense and all with many of the inhabitants being christian, I was just a little surprised. Now if I found one of those in Mea Shearim on the other hand...

Well getting back to the Jewish aspect of my story so yeah donuts rule? If its a consolation prize to any of you stuck in the striking traffic of Galus, I spilled all the caramel from my donut on my pants during the bus ride.

3 days to go

Seasons Greetings Punks

1 Shpeils

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moshe! you're making me miss israeli sufganiot-the best in the world. My whole family agrees that noone in america can make a doughnut as good as israeli sufganiot. your best bet is to go to one of the israeli owned pizza shops. for all those in my town, shelli's is about as close you can get.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out our Punks tees!

And our really cool MFFC:HCC tees!

Powered by Blogger Listed on 
BlogShares